The Best Laundry Bag
We looked at the top 19 Laundry Bags and dug through the reviews from 26 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Laundry Bags.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Laundry bags are a handy invention that help folks tackle their wash with ease. In addition to keeping socks from magically disappearing during a cycle in the dryer, these bags protect undergarments with hooks and straps from getting snagged during washing and drying. Laundry bags can be used to transport laundry to a laundromat or to collect soiled garments during a vacation.
If you’d like to give laundry bags a try, there are a few things you’ll want to be on the look out for as you shop. Start by examining the fabric the laundry bag is made out of. Ideally, it should be constructed out of a mesh material that is see-through. This fabric is washable and allows users to clearly see which laundry items are in the bag. This is especially helpful when traveling and going through airport security.
You may opt for a bag that isn’t made of mesh. This type of bag is designed specifically for travel. It folds up small, so you can toss it in your suitcase. While you’re away, you place your dirty laundry in the bag. The bag expands as you add to it and has a drawstring for closing the bag once it’s full.
Next, make sure that your laundry bag set comes with bags in different sizes. You’ll find some sets come in up to four sizes, often with colored zippers that identify the size. This way, you have smaller bags for your socks and undergarments and larger bags for your blouses.
Pay attention to how the laundry bags close. Some bags use zippers. Since zippers can get caught on other clothing in the washing machine, you’ll need a bag with a fold-over top to cover up the zipper.
Consider any additional uses you may want the laundry bags to perform. For example, some laundry bags or laundry cubes actually have handles that make them portable. They are excellent for carrying to the laundromat or for organizing clothing to fit in a suitcase. You may even find a set that comes with a special bag for storing your digital devices. These bags are waterproof, so your devices are safe from splashes if you’re visiting a beach or lake resort.
Our Picks For The Top Laundry Bags
Adjustable Straps Backpack Laundry Bag
If you need to transport your clothing to a laundromat, this laundry bag is the way to go. It's constructed using a durable nylon and designed to wear as a backpack. There's an inner pocket to hide your keys, cash and cellphone and an outer mesh pocket for your detergent and fabric softener.
Lots of Colors and PatternsYou'll find this laundry bag comes in a choice of 12 different colors and patterns, including red, starry blue and golden brown.
Thickened Large Capacity Laundry Bag
Available in eight different colors, this laundry bag is a top pick. Not only does it work well for transporting clothing to a nearby laundromat, it also does a great job of holding everything from stuffed animals to sports equipment. It's constructed using a premium diamond mesh that provides proper air flow, while also remaining strong and durabl...
Most AffordableWhen shopping on a budget, this economical laundry bag is the way to go.
Breathable Delicates Laundry Bags, 5-Pack
You'll get several different sized bags with this laundry bag set, so you can sort socks and undergarments in the smaller bags and t-shirts in the larger ones. The bags are mesh for tossing right in the washing machine. The colorful zippers help you quickly identify the specific bag size. Each set also comes with a lifetime warranty, which means yo...
Goes In MachineToss these mesh laundry bags that come in four different sizes right in your washing machine.
Padded Shoulders Expandable Laundry Bag Backpack
Constructed from a 600D Oxford fabric, this laundry bag is strong and water-resistant. It's got a large 115-liter capacity, yet features straps to be carried like a backpack. You can even get the bag in one of 13 fun colors, including pink, light purple, teal and orange.
Water-Resistant FabricThis laundry bag features a front pocket to hold your laundry detergent.
Drawstring Double-Stitched Seam Laundry Bags, 2-Pack
With this laundry bag set, you get one pick and one blue bag, each of which can hold three to four loads of laundry. Use one bag for your whites and the other bag for your colors. The handy drawstring closers keep the laundry in the bags until you reach the laundromat.
Two for the Price of OneThis laundry bag set is constructed from a durable nylon material that won't tear.
Why we recommend these laundry bags?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
The Best Bang For Your Buck
Polecasa Thickened Large Capacity Laundry Bag
Our Total Score
Available in eight different colors, this laundry bag is a top pick. Not only does it work well for transporting clothing to a nearby laundromat, it also does a great job of holding everything from stuffed animals to sports equipment. It's constructed using a premium diamond mesh that provides proper air flow, while also remaining strong and durable.
What to Look For
- Always refer to the product label for cleaning instructions. Although some laundry bags are safe to toss in your washing machine, they are not recommended for the high heat setting in your dryer. Waterproof designs may only require a wipe down with a soft soapy sponge instead of being fully submerged in a washing machine full of water.
- Never overfill your laundry bag before washing. In order for the clothes to get clean, they need to have space to move around.
- Avoid using laundry bags with drawstrings in the washing machine. The strings can get caught and cause damage to parts of your washer or to any other clothes in the wash at the time.
- To make sorting clothing in your laundry room easier, consider hanging S hooks from your laundry room shelving and placing the mesh bags on the hooks. You can even line them up by size.
- Consider a few alternative uses for your mesh laundry bags. Use them to store beach, pool and bath toys. The bags are also excellent at keeping bugs away from your food when you’re getting ready for a picnic. Simply place the bowl of food inside the bag and zip it up until you’re ready to serve it. Mesh laundry bags are also capable of holding Legos when the original packaging breaks and your kids’ sports gear in between games and practices.
- When comparing laundry bag prices, it is important to consider the material the bags are made out of and how many bags you’re getting in each set. Bags made entirely of mesh are the most inexpensive. You’ll also find sets with a higher number of pieces cost more than sets that have just one or two bags. It’s best to divide the total sales price by the number of laundry bags in the set to get the price per bag. Then you’ll be able to use that figure to determine which set is the best deal.
You May Also Enjoy Our Other Reviews
- Robotic Vacuum
- Cordless Vacuums
- Air Mattress
- Electric Razor
- Convertible Car Seat
- Infant Car Seat
- Dry Dog Food
- Carpet Cleaners
- Air Fryers
- Home Printers
- Wireless Router
- Streaming Device
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- Digital Camera To Capture Special Moments On The Fly
- Upright Vacuum